How do I know if private tutoring is right for my child?
One on one tutoring is often the most effective way to improve your child’s academic skills. I work with students who attend public school, private school, and those that homeschool. There are many reasons why you might seek out a reading tutor, such as:
- Your child is not performing at grade level;
- Your child is losing enthusiasm and motivation to read;
- Your child is bright in other subject areas, but is struggling with reading/writing tasks;
- You feel like it is difficult to teach or help your child with reading and need some additional guidance and expertise;
- You know your child is frustrated by reading and you don’t know how to help him or her get over that hurdle;
- Your child’s lack of reading progress is starting to negatively effect his/her self-image.
If you are looking at individualized reading instruction for your child, I would encourage you to phone or e-mail me to discuss your concerns. I have experience teaching reading one-on-one and in small groups and have helped many struggling children improve their reading to grade level and STAY on grade level, even after my instruction has ended. I strive to teach students how to be independent with their use of reading strategies. I will let you know if I feel that your child may be better served with long-term, specialized help. However, in most cases, my assistance is only needed for a few weeks and the benefits last a lifetime.
One-on-one private tutoring can provide your child with:
I have limited tutoring spots available at $30 per half hour. You will receive a debriefing after each session and a detailed explanation of homework assignments to be completed before the next lesson, as well as free admission to any parent workshops I am currently presenting.
Please visit the “Contact Us” page to schedule a visit or phone consultation.